Ann: “Cutting Edge, this is Ann.”
Customer: “I got that holiday song stuck in my head. . .”He’s making a list, checking it twice. Gonna Find out who’s naughty or nice.”
Ann: [flips micro-switch that illuminates the mini light bulbs on her Christmas sweater]. “That sounds like an opening to a holiday blog on background checks.”
Customer [swills eggnog]: “Everything sounds like background checks to you.”
Ann: [stirs hot chocolate with a candy cane swizzle stick]: “Let’s start with the naughty list.”
Nine Employment Statistics to Consider When Hiring:
- The Wall Street Journal said that 34% of all application forms contain outright lies about experience, education and the ability to perform essential function of the job.
- College and University registrars report that at least 60% of the verifications they receive contain falsified information.
- 11% of job applicants misrepresent why they left a former employer.
- It has been estimated that resume fraud costs employers approximately $600 billion annually.
- 9% of job applicants falsely claimed they had a college degree, listed false employers or identified jobs that didn’t exist.
- Nearly 1/3 of job applications listed dates of employment that were inaccurate by more than three months.
- Violence in the workplace accounts for 17% of all occupational fatalities, making it the second leading cause of job-related fatalities, right behind traffic deaths.
- Violence in the workplace is estimated to cost businesses more than $36 billion annually.
- Up to 5% of American workplaces experience a workplace violence episode annually.
Customer [adds a dash of nutmeg to his eggnogg]: “Okay, I got the picture. Isn’t there anything NICE you can tell me?”
Ann: [nibbles on Christmas cookie]: “Of course. How’s this for Nice:”
How Background Checks Protect You and Your Company
- Background checks provide a safer workplace for employees and customers
- Background checks help you hire the most qualified people to help you grow your business.
- Background checks minimize exposure from employee liability by practicing due diligence in the hiring process.
- Background checks encourage honesty in the application and interview process.
- Background checks help to eliminate uncertainty in the hiring process.
Want to know if your applicants are landing on the naughty or nice list? Call us today for a free consultation. (714) 587-9166.